SAWADIKA BANGKOK: PART 2 - MESMERISING HOTELS

Our first 'home' in Bangkok was a boutique hotel known as Ramada Encore Hotel.
It was a tiny hotel but I love the modern touch in the design. The lounge area is very cozy, and they had a place for an altar, modernly design to fit the look at feel of the hotel, cleverly fusing the elements of tradition and modernity in one.

The entrance

Altar embedded in a modern design

Love the altar

Lobby

Stefani checking in

Hallway leading to our room

THE AWESOME FACTOR (Ramada Encore Hotel):

Power Points
When I was in Phuket, we did not have enough power points to charge our phones and operate our laptops. But Ramada Hotel ensures that we have enough points for our gadgets' charging needs; it's not  just us that require a re-charge at the end of everyday you know. All these points are even cleverly located in very apt corners such as by the bed side, near the desk etc. A lot of hotels might not think about this much, but adding this convenience for the guests means a lot actually. Imagine how awesome it is that we can sit by our beds with our phone, while watching TV?

Hanging in our room

Efficient Elevator Service
Because there are only 7 floors, one does not need to wait forever for the elevator to open its door.

Strategic Location
The hotel is located at Sukhumvit Soi Sip (Sukhumvit Road 10) and it is just a few minutes walk from Terminal 21 Mall and boy, do I love that mall!

In addition, it is so near the Asok Sky Train station that it makes traveling around Bangkok a breeze!
You can go to Chatuchak Market by stopping at the Mo Chit station or you can go for boat rides by making Saphan Taksin your stop.

So it is super convenient, although traveling on the Sky Train with all your shopping goods could be a challenge.


Free ice-cream!
When we were checking in, we were surprised when they served us three large cones of strawberry ice-cream. Seriously, that did make my day as I was so tired after a half day of traveling and that ice-cream really did sweetened my day.



Friendly staff
The staff were also very nice to us; they attend to us efficiently and were feeding us info about where to go and how to get there , although we didn't really ask hahaha! But we appreciate the kindness and hospitality.

WHAT'S UNFORTUNATE...
We missed the F&B
We saw bright orange salmon slices one morning on our way out but we didn't get to taste their food as we already have other plans. But judging from the look of the buffet line, I personally think their food quality is quite promising.

We also forgot our two complimentary drinks at the Rooftop bar because we skip the bar altogether. Argh...so I don't really know how awesome the bar is hahaha!

The Hub/Cafe

Weird toilet locks
I've stayed in the room for three days and I can say that I still haven't mastered the art of unlocking that door. It is quite hard to explain how it works - basically it is just a slider door and you turn the knob clock-wise to lock it. But when you unlock it, you are supposed to go anti-clock wise, which was okay, but then, what happened is that there is some sort of weird force that makes you feel as if you can't open the door...so you sort of need to turn the lock a couple of more times before it opens. The first time, I almost thought I am once again locked in the toilet (I had this traumatic childhood toilet memory that I shall share when I have the chance to in future).

Just one word - WEIRD.

Personal experience
My best experience in this hotel is me sleeping in a single bed with my colleague, Silvie. I've learned a lot about her crazy sleeping antics during this trip and it is really hilarious! But I am very glad to be sharing the same bed with her despite her one or two weird sleeping patterns. Hahahaha!

I was also blessed with some good late night entertainment as there were a couple of good movies on air. So nights at the Ramada Hotel was really unforgettable - curled up in bed and chilling with my movies.


Here are the details of the hotel.
I don't think my photos did them justice.

Ramada Encore Hotel, Bangkok (not to be mistaken for Ramada Hotel, Bangkok)
Address: 21 Sukhumvit Soi 10, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey District, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Telephone: +66 (0) 2-615 0999
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RamadaEncoreBKK?fref=ts
Tammy's Rating: 7/10


On Friday, we moved to another hotel after checking out from Ramada Encore.

Muse Hotel, we literally opened our mouths in awe when we walked into the lobby as we we captivated by its traditional English charms .

Beautiful ancient work table that I love

I am actually pretending to be an old-time journalist/writer muahaha. I just don't have a feather! 

A literally beautiful welcome


Love those paintings - each with a tale to tell


Elevator Hallway

Medici Lounge - which we didn't get a chance to visit due to an event

The decoration and concept is down the to the dot. Everything about this place is cleverly designed to adapt to its theme - wooden furniture, dimmed lights, flower prints, and even its bathroom conveys an antique feel in terms of its marble flooring....

We had three beds in our room, and still it is super spacious with space to jump around.


THE AWESOME FACTOR (Hotel Muse):




Entrance


Watching TV from the toilet
The most awesome feature in the room is the transparent glass that allows us to watch the TV directly from the bathtub; and the best part is that it is equipped with sound system that ensures that your bubble bath experience is in the moment, within the film/show itself.

The only downside I can think of is when you forget to close the binds when there are people around.

This shot is taken from the toilet! Cool right!!

Spot the bath tub...you can dance naked there!

Stole this from their album...Bathroom shot!

The view
The view from our room is awesome. My little extra bed was really just next to the huge, gigantic glass we call window so when I sleep at night, I kept the curtains open just so I can stare outside and get those tall buildings and dark blue sky staring back.

Another convenient spot
Muse is also cleverly located near the Chit Lom Sky Train station, making almost every single tourist destination easily accessible. Seriously, I love their Sky Train. We have a lot to learn from them. We did not need to wait long for a ride and the signage is good.

Tuk-tuk Service
There is a hotel tuk-tuk that sends us to the nearest Sky Train station (although, really, we can just walk). And it is a larger one with more seats and so I was excited to try it.


Cute Bar Cards
So they had a rooftop bar too, and we managed to hang out there. What caught my attention was the cup pads for the beer. You  can actually write your name and Social media contacts at the back in case you meet someone. Awesome right?

WHAT WAS UNFORTUNATE...

No toilet door locks?
The toilet was so awesome and then, it hit us that you can only close your toilet doors but you can't lock them. Hahaha! And since we are bunking with one dude, it got awkward.

No cute guys in the Oh-too-small Bar 
The bar is a bit too small too be frank and so I didn't expect a lot of people to be there. So although there were cute cards, there were no cute guys' names to fill on the cards hahaha.

Overall, I love both my hotels.
Ramada, however, is the more affordable one, so if you are tight on budget then Ramada should be your choice.

Here are the details of the hotel:
Hotel Muse, Bangkok
Address: 55/555 Langsuan Road, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Telephone: +66 (0) 2-630 4000
Website: http://www.hotelmusebangkok.com/
Tammy's Rating: 8.5/10

Love and Cheers,
TammyC
p/s: Photos courtesy of Stefani, Silvie and Hui Hsien too...

Comments

Popular Posts