JUST DANCING WITH THE STARS

Season 15 of Dancing with the Stars is an all-star season and I knew it was going to be big, but really, I never thought it would be THIS BIG!

Kelly Monaco said in episode 7 that the show is not about dancing, but more about the people, the friendship, the emotions and the relationships. I guess that is really true. But I'd add that it is also very much about entertainment.

I admit that I'm really glued to this season because I have so many favourites that even if one of my favourites is out of the competition, I still have reasons to follow. What's amazing about this season is that you can really feel the emotions and bonds between the contestants and their pro. And I admit this, only for this season, I shed a tear or two almost when some of them got eliminated.

I'm no expert in dancing but I love to dance (if flapping my arms, kicking my legs and moving my butt is considered dancing) and I love to watch dancers do their thing. Naturally, I love Dancing with the Stars because I get to watch celebrities do their thing too.

Seven episodes into the Season and I am begging for more. Seriously, I dedicate a few hours a day thinking about the next episode already.

Here are the 13 contestants and my thoughts on each of and every single one of them.

Pamela Anderson and Tristan MacManus
The first couple to be eliminated, as per expected. Pamela didn't really put a lot of effort in her dance and most of the time, she stood there and let her partner throw her around. Her Cha-cha in Week 1 was really disappointing, and I am not sure if it was her who is not working hard enough, or if she is really not made to dance. 

So, gladly, if I were America, I'd kick her out because there are so many other amazing celebrities that shouldn't be going home!


Pamela's only dance on the All-Star show


Joey Fatone (N'Sync) and Kym Johnson
Love, love this couple and I was crying when they were eliminated 2nd. I love their chemistry and the funny Joey Fatone. Len Goodman (chief judge) said that his funny dance moves is a clever way to hide the fact that he can't dance well. I think he can dance, but maybe not as well as the others. Still, I think if given more time, this dude will shine. I was so sad to see Kym cry at the end of the results show, because I sort of know how she must be feeling. A mixture of, "Why must this end so soon?" or "What have I done wrong that my celebrity didn't get through? Did I not do enough?"

It was so hard but I was happy that everyone was there to hug and support the duo. Really, just what we need at times like these.

My favourite dance by Joey and Kym

Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
I like Drew, I think he is super charismatic and nice. But I am not a big fan of Trebunskaya because I find her overly fond of camera attention. And the things/comments she make sometimes are just not too smart and are usually unnecessarily defensive.

When it was announced that Drew is the 3rd contestant to be booted out, I was sad but not overly upset mainly because I am not too fond of the pro. I think Drew is one of the good dancers there but unfortunately, others were really strong and their routine were not as sparkly as the rest. 

And at the end of the results show, we saw Trebunskaya hogging the camera again by blowing us kisses (which I don't really want), and I was like, everyone is busy bidding farewells and feeling sad that their friends had to go, and this is what you are busy doing? 

My favourite dance by Drew and Anna (so far)

Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
Another one of my favourite couples because I love Chelsie and Helio has such a beautiful smile and is such a nice and humble man. Chelsie is very funny and real with her Southern accent, and that's why I love watching her. So when they were the 4th couple to leave the show, I was indeed very very very sad! How can that be? They were good! 

During the end credits, I couldn't hold back my emotions again as I see them hugging their friends, bidding their goodbye because I really don't think they deserved the boot.

My favourite DWTS moment

Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel
I am okay with this couple. I know Sabrina can dance and of all the contestants, you can see that she is the most excited one to be back. So she is very very very concerned about every single critic and takes the competition very seriously. It's not a bad thing but sometimes it is a tad annoying that she is so particular and stressed about 'hammering' each performance. That being said, I still love her dances because her lines and steps are all very good! 

My favourite dance by the couple (so far)

Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough
This young lady Olympian Gymnast is only 4ft 9, my exact height but she is Midas as she paints the dance floor golden with her sporty dance moves. I must admit that I think they might just win this season actually. Their dances are usually very entertaining;  Johnson is always very precise with her timing and steps and Hough is a genius when it comes to chereography - hence, it is a perfect combo.

My favourite dance from Shawn and Derek (so far)

Apollo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
I'm so in love with Apolo after this season, although if I had one slight request, it would be for him to lose his goatee. He is such a nice competitive guy who doesn't fool around. And although it seems like the professional dancer should be the pillar for their partner, I saw how Apolo held Karina to make her feel better when she slipped during their hip hop performance. You can see from his action that he really didn't even care about blaming her the slightest and already start hugging her to make her feel better. Now that's a true gentlemen! Although he is not really the strongest performer, but I hope that he hangs on a bit longer. 

My favourite dance by Apolo and Karina (so far)


Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
Never understand why Bristol Palin has so many fans actually. I guess no one understood - but that's okay; she is sweet. I personally think she is the kind of girl who keeps a lot to herself, and hence, she blew in one episode. I do understand her stress - the stress of feeling like you don't deserve something but then somehow others have faith in you. When you are so caught up with stress, you are likely to burst emotionally. 

She claimed that her partner Mark Ballas is upset that he got her as a partner and not the stronger competitors such as Sabrina Bryan and Shawn Johnson. Personally, I don't think that he feels that way because I can see that he is trying his best to push Palin to do her best, and she did improve. And as a teacher, I think Ballas really did an exceptional job. She might not be the strongest contender, but most importantly is that he makes the journey a memorable and meaningful one for the student. If you ask me, he did a fantastic job. If it were me, I am not sure if I could.

My favourite dance by the couple

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
I'm not a fan of Melissa to be frank because she is too noisy! But heck, that's because she is like me (to a certain extent)! OMG! But I can't deny that she is a good dancer and very good chemistry with Tony. I think she is going to make it to Top 3 again this time round. But I don't think she will win though.

My favourite dance by Melissa and Tony (so far)

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
I love this couple because they are HILARIOUS! Kirstie is so good in making awkward situations funny and that's the great thing about this couple. Despite being the underdogs, Kirstie Alley never fails to bring humour and her best to the dance floor. For a 60-year-old, seriously, this lady rock the dance floor, especially her Cha-cha.

Many thinks that they don't deserve to still be in the competition, but I guess it is the voters who decides. But I got to be frank, it is really not the dancing that I enjoy about them - more like their best bits together. And I guess, like Kelly Monaco said, that's what the show is all about - the people and the relationships.

In a way, I think Kirstie Alley also did change Maks as a pro. I believe he was a very serious pro who is a perfectionist but he learned to embrace the part of having fun as well, partly because of her. You know that's a good friendship when you make each other a better person.

My favourite dance by the couple (so far). Maks looks weird, but surprisingly good in this outfit haha


Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerchovskiy
This couple is like the one in their own world. They are the sexy and sassy couple, but sometimes, they can come out with something hilarious. I kinda like them and I think it wouldn't be surprising that she win too because she really can dance.

Their best dance and my favourite (so far)

Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Gilles...this dude can dance, I'm telling you. He is the only male celebrity that I can't stop watching because he dances like a pro! I think this is because he is a perfectionist, and he always makes sure he gives his best. His only weakness I think is that he is too hard on himself, and he tries so hard to be perfect that he screws up sometimes.

To be honest, his Bollywood dance is not the least as good as the a Bollywood dance, but I think he did a decent job knowing that this dance is way out of their comfort zone.
I can tell you this, Gilles stands a chance with the Mirrorball. Just bummed that it is not Cheryl Burke with him.

Most interesting dance by Gilles

Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
My favourite pro is Cheryl Burke because of her beauty and her dancing. Of all couples, I can see that this couple is the one that goes with the flow and tries to have the most fun, taking it one step at a time. They are not exceptionally good, and are not bad. They are stuck in the middle although they ruled the first episode. I can see that they have a great friendship, and so I hope that Cheryl would go a step further and push her partner to do more exceptional tricks and rule the scoreboard again. 

Emmitt is not a bad dancer and to win, we need to see more creative choreography from them.

My favourite dance by Cheryl and Emmitt (so far)


I just finish watching Episode 8 (results show) of Dancing with The Stars where Bristol and Mark were eliminated. Oh well, I think a lot of people expected it. All I can say is that the competition is growing tighter and I am very excited to see what is going to happen next.

Next week's episode is going to rock because they will be dancing to Gangnam Style and Call Me Maybe. So, yes! I can't wait already...
Till next week.

Love and Cheers
TammyC


Comments

Popular Posts