LITERALLY A BIG BANG EXPERIENCE

The moment that we've all been waiting for has finally arrived.
27 October 2012, a galactic force hit Malaysia. The Big Bang was here and we were a part of it.


Okay seriously...even I don't get it as I parked my car far away from the stadium, making my way to Stadium Merdeka that day. I walked so far, and climbed a bloody flyover together with girls wearing cute yellow ribbon hairbands and wondering to myself, what have gotten into you?

Seriously, the concert starts at 8pm, and by 5.30pm I was already out of the house, thanks to my 'commentator' who has been giving me a play-by-play of the situation at the stadium since 1pm. And when she told me that Taeyang came out to say "Hi" to some fans, I couldn't take it anymore. I can't concentrate - I went straight.

Argh...
Korean fever is a disease. Really it is - there is no way to describe it but it makes you go out of your mind. No other bigger stars get you that crazy but this five dudes with them colourful hairstyles can. Trust me, if you are infected by Korean fever, it's hard to recover from it - and this really is speaking from experience.

About three/four good months ago, I was part of those who doesn't get the Big Bang. Heck, I am one of those who can't differentiate the five of them. Now, I know almost every other aspects of their lives.

They are good, no doubt. But so are many other singers and bands out there. But why is it that they managed to get me acting like a lunatic? Oh, and I thought I was crazy until I saw the crowd who bombarded the stadium that day. People were camping over the night before, just so they can get a good spot for the concert. What?! Seriously man...Seriously? And then, they know which hotel Big Bang resides in, where they went shopping. So, actually, I am nothing compared to them. I am no stalker - info just comes my way. 

So there I was, walking towards the crowded stadium, surrounded by thousands of excited fans, all infected by "The Bang". Oh lord...Like Seungri said later, "No rain can stop us." It is true. It rained heavily and these people, were just out there! I was in the shed by the way...just a lucky change of events, out of the thousands of seats, I managed to find a seat that happened to be under a shed.


The early fans....


The queue is mad! 

Everyone is wet but happy. I guess when Taeyang said on Twitter - Malaysia are you ready to get wet - he meant it literally...

My tour tickets~! :) 

The night before the concert, I had a dream about Big Bang. It was beautiful...It is a dream come true because in the dream, I befriended them. And so, reality set in because everyone knows that dreams don't come true! However, I had some hopes still that probably, with a bit of luck, I will be able to meet them. We did plan to visit backstage and go to their hotel after the concert; who knows right? I might be able to rub shoulders with my man. 

Anyway, the concert was literally "Fantastic Baby". 
They opened with the fast and powerful track called "Tonight", which basically sets the mood for the night. I've watched their Alive Tour concert online, so I roughly know what songs to expect.
There were two or three songs by them that were not familiar to me; still I like the fast beat and moving my body to the tracks. 

To be frank, I feel that Big Bang didn't do their best this time round. Their concert in Korea was more impactful because you can see that it was one with full energy. I think Big Bang is tired from traveling across Asia and Malaysia is their last stop and they would have their break after that before conquering the Western cities. 

I know that it is part of their style that they don't synchronise in dancing, but some parts of the dances were really off. And in terms of vocals, Taeyang did went off a little because he tried to improvise too much. I give him credit for trying though - because I understand why he did it. We don't want to listen to the same thing we hear from the album; he wants to add some flavour to the live performance. But I think he needs to be more careful with the tone that he is using as it might come off as out of tune.

I am so glad Taeyang did "Wedding Dress" but disappointed he didn't dance properly to it. It's okay, he still rocked and I was screaming for him the whole time. 

Kudos to the sound system. It really create the mood for an awesome party.

We missed the encore session because we were rushing to do something crazy that night. Yes, we wanted to be "stalkers". Don't judge me. Listen to me. I am 25, I can't live my life without doing something crazy right?

So there we were, the three musketeers, with high hopes and adrenaline rush,rushing over to Double Tree Hilton in hopes of fixating our memories with Big Bang in the form of a good photograph. My friend, Mei See was awesome - she managed to find the back route and we were sure that Big Bang will enter the hotel from there because we acquainted with the guards. The guards asked us to hide or we're dead. So, we hid, until a fierce guard came and chase us. He was adamant - and I was sure that Big Bang is near! 
But we gave in.

As we were hanging out by the cafe, the waiter saw me writing a note to Taeyang (DO NOT JUDGE!) and told me that Taeyang was there three days in a row. You know, this is the time to say FML. I missed him! I knew he stayed there one day ago, and I really should have that stalking mentality earlier. Sigh, but I didn't. I was too late. 

We were quite reluctant to go, I think because a part of us hope that we will see them that night (although it was already midnight). Somehow, we managed to get to our senses and then, just left our "love" note to the waiter, in hopes that they will help pass to our beloved idols. Oh well...

Well, at least we got a picture

It was an experience really although our mission failed. But I had fun doing detective work, asking those Koreans who pretended they don't know Big Bang when in fact, they have Big Bang badges all over them hahaha!

The next day, I was told that Taeyang was spotted in Pavilion. Another FML moment. I was at Pavilion the day before. If you are the type who believes in fate, this is an example of NO FATE! 

Life is a funny thing. As crazy as I am now about Taeyang, I believe that my 'love' for him will fade someday, and when it does, I will meet him.

I am very glad to be part of their concert. The next time they are back, I am going to work harder to see them haha.

Perhaps this video will give you an idea of how crazy we were that night. It is shaky because I was dancing and singing...and yes, I am the idiot screaming Taeyang, but the rest - wasn't me. :P


Love & Cheers,
TammyC

Comments

Popular Posts