I NEED TO BE ABLE TO FIGHT

The official Olympic song for U.S. but I love it because everytime I hear it, it makes me want to fight and accept the challenge! The opening of the song itself is so upbeat that it gets you up spiritually! 


I have things easy, well, at least in life because I have all the good things in life really. I am contented - I am not rich, but I have a great family and awesome friends.

But what I have to learn to face and fight are emotions and my own insecurities. This is the hardest  and the biggest challenge - nothing can beat you if you have confidence, but if you don't you'll fall and lose the fight because you are not mentally strong enough.

So, now that the year is coming to an end (well, almost) I am still learning to be a Fighter. Not to fight the external challenges but what is inside and what life throws at me emotionally. So, yes, I will continue to be inspired by music and fight for what I love. Hopefully once day, I'll be fearless enough to take that leap which will free me from what is holding me back - and that is emotion!

Just waking up in the morning just to be well
Quite honest with ya
I ain't really sleep well
Ya ever feel like your train of thoughts been derailed
That's when you press on - Lee Nails
Half the population's just waiting to see me fail
Yeah right, you're better off trying to freeze hell
Some of us do it for the females
And others do it for the retail

Every day when you wake up, it is like going to a battle. The challenges you face everyday jabs you in the face. Slowly, you'd realised that everyone out there in the world is out to get you sometimes. Not everyone has a pure heart. They will want to knock you down, so that they can be up. They might take your credit, disregard you, make you feel useless... And you need to clear your thoughts and just find your way. Everyone have to find a reason to live, a reason to fight and a reason to be in this world.

But I do it for the kids
Life threw the towels in on
Every time you fall, it's only making your chin strong
And I'll be in your corner like Mick baby, till the end
Or when you hear a song from that big lady

They say that failures teach you to be strong. And how you go through life and stand up when life gets to you is most important. Always easier said than done - hence, this song is my reminder.

[Bridge]
Until the referee rings the bell
Until both your eyes start to swell
Until the crowd goes home
What we gonna do ya'll?

[Chorus]
Give em hell, turn their heads
Gonna live life 'til we're dead.
Give me scars, give me pain
Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me
There goes the fighter, there goes the fighter
Here comes the fighter
That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me,
This one's a fighter

I will silently fight. I will not let words get me down anymore. You know that if I want to fight, I will make it happen. I sort of know who are the fakers, and who are those who try to knock me down, so that they can be glorified. The thing is, I am better than that. I guess I do not need to be stuck at where I am. Now that I think about it - why must I take all that crap? I have so many people out there who believes in me and would give me chances...so I will silently fight my war, until time to strike when I am angry. Perhaps I don't have the personality to be evil or bad, but I will try when I am pushed to the limits. Because I want to be a fighter - a person who can take life as it is and strike only when she has to.

And if I can last 30 rounds
There's no reason you should ever have your head down
Six foot five, two hundred and sixty pounds
Hailing from rock bottom, loserville, nothingtown

Text book version of a kid going nowhere fast
And now I'm yelling "Kiss my ass"
It's gonna take a couple of right hooks, a few left jabs
For you to recognise you really ain't got it bad...

Repeat Bridge & Chorus

Everybody put yo hands up
What we gonna do (hey!) [x4] y'all?
What we gonna do (hey!) [x3] y'all?

If you fall pick yourself up off the floor (get up)
And when your bones can't take no more (c'mon)
Just remember what you're here for
Cuz I know Imma damn sure




Love,
TammyC



Comments

Popular Posts