I LOVE THIS LOVE SONG

Tonight, I choose to share my love for this particular Big Bang song.
What's ironic is the part of the song that goes "I hate this love song"...


I love this track for two reasons - its melody and its awesome music video. The idea and concept behind the music video too is so brilliant and it never fails to recapture my attention every time I watch it.

The song is about a man mourning over the death of his girlfriend. I am very glad to have found a site with very in-depth explanation of the lyrics. Going into depths with the lyrics make this song a truly meaningful one and the music video makes this track one of the best work Big Bang has ever created! 

[TOP] han yeojaga meoreojyeoga namjaneun norae bureujiman nunmuri naneungeol ibyeoriran
“A woman grows farther away (dying) while a man sings a song, but his eyes grow teary at farewell.”

[Daesung] neol manjilsuga eomneungeol I know yeah eh tteoreojineun nal jabajwo Hello
“I can’t touch you, I know, yeah, catch me from falling (suicide attempt), hello (greetings to his girlfriend)”

[GD] I hate this love song I hate this love song
I hate this love song I hate this love song
I hate this love song I hate this love song
I hate this love song I hate this love song

[Taeyang] i sarang noraega sirheo dasin an bureuri neoreul tteoolliji anke ijeulsu itge
“I hate this love song, I’ll never sing it again, so I’m not reminded of you, so I can forget you”

[Seungri] i sarang noraega sirheo useumyeo bureuri geudaega oeropji anke jigeum neoegero nan 
“I hate this love song, I’ll sing it with a smile, so you aren’t lonely, to you I will go 
(He is committing suicide so that she won't be lonely)

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo nan ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo

[GD] nan duryeowo i sesangeun uimi eobseo dalgwa byeori inneun neo inneun geu gose deryeogajwo
“I’m scared, this world has no meaning, take me to where you are, among the moon and the stars”
(He is scared to live in a world without the girl because it has no meaning without her. So he wishes that the reaper will take him to her)

[Daesung] urineun areumdawonneunde You know naege sarangeul gareuchyeojun neo Hello
“We were beautiful, you know, you taught me love, hello”

[Taeyang] I hate this love song I hate this love song
I hate this love song I hate this love song

[GD] I hate this love song I hate this love song
I hate this love song I hate this love song

[Taeyang] i sarang noraega sirheo dasin an bureuri neoreul tteoolliji anke ijeul su itge
“I hate this love song, I’ll never sing it again, so I’m not reminded of you, so I can forget you”

[GD] i sarang noraega sirheo useumyeo bureuri geudaega oeropji anke jigeum neoegero nan 
“I hate this love song, I’ll sing it with a smile, so you aren’t lonely, to you I will go 
(He is committing suicide so that she won't be lonely)

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo nan ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo

[TOP] ttaseuhan haessal tto dareun sesang sseulsseulhi chumchuneun galdaebat pureun eondeok wi nan yeojeonhi geunyeowaui motdahan daehwa amu daedap eomneun mupyojeonghan jeo haneul huingureum dwie sumeo itgetji neon byeori doetgetji
“The warm sunlight is part of another world, sitting atop a green hill among the dancing reeds. I’m continuing my unfinished conversation with my love, but I get no response, you’re a star hiding behind the sky’s white clouds”

[GD] nun gamgo ne sumgyeoreul neukkyeo ne kkumeul kkwo nae ipgae beonjin miso jigeum nan neowa sumeul swieo sigana meomchwo geunyeowa nal galla nochimara barama meomchwo nege bonaeneun majimak pyeonji hanjang
“I close my eyes and feel your breath, I dream of you and a smile spreads across my lips, I’m breathing with you now. Please stop passing, Time, don’t separate us. Please stop, Wind, this is my last letter to you”
(As he close his eyes means that he is committing suicide at the same place of her death, and dying there, he can feel her breath. If he can't see her in the real world, he saw her in his dream and made him smile. He is slightly missing Earth but he is happy that he is with her now)

[Taeyang] i sarang noraega sirheo dasin an bureuri neoreul tteoolliji anke ijeulsu itge
[Seungri] i sarang noraega sirheo useumyeo bureuri geudaega oeropji anke jigeum neoegero nan ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh nan ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

I don't know why but usually, I will not condone committing suicide when you lose the one you love. Because you have to move on in life. But this song, even with this meaning, is like a beautiful Korean love story, captured in rap lyrics. Managed to make me sniff a little.

I give credit to GD and TOP for the amazing song writing because every sentence contain such deep meaning and really, I can feel the love just reading the words. I believe it is even more poetic in Korean.

The music video is a 'one-shot' (although there were one or two cut and edits) take with the camera panning from across the scene. So the Big Bang members had to move in and out of view accordingly to create that effect. That is the most awesome part! 

The mourning mood is cleverly captured by using black and white and smoke. Beautiful!
If you notice, they are walking around a wreckage - an accident scene, the one which had killed their girlfriend(s). So brilliantly thought of and put together in a piece, synergising mood and background to depict the story behind the song.

Watch this and be amazed! I can never share enough of this on Facebook - and now on my blog.


Love & Cheers,
TammyC

Comments

Popular Posts