JUST BECAUSE IT BURNS, DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE GONNA DIE

I saw the lyrics to this song on my friend's Facebook status and I didn't know it then. 
I was in the car when I first heard this song.
What is weird was that I heard it twice on that particular journey home.
And even weirder was that I was chatting with my friend via Facebook message and she told me that this is her current song. 
If you know what she is going through now, you'd know why this is her song.
At that moment, I couldn't understand why, but a tear rolled down my face because I felt it.

Sigh...2012...
You sucky year! For all of us.
Who knew that when they say 2012 will be the end of the world, it is the end of almost all relationships.
To be honest, it is stressful watching people around me split; and it is sad because they are all friends. The thing I learn this year about relationships (although I've never been in one) is that perhaps there is no right or wrong. And I know that deep down, each one of my friends have a reason to be upset with their ex-partners and for me, sometimes I am just stuck in the middle. 

It's not that I don't have a point of view, it's just that perhaps it doesn't matter and it's not like I understand the whole situation. As much as I stay out of it, sometimes, you really don't know the right thing to say or to do when it comes to helping out both parties.

Safe to say, I am now even more skeptical about relationships because I really really think that NOTHING EVER LAST! NOTHING! Even friendships...

Well, as I see my friends cope with relationship problems, I personally have to deal with insecurities.
So safe to say, we are all dealing with our own problems this year and it seems like it is a never ending battle. It is tiring but tonight, suddenly, I feel that I actually liked the mellowed down and deeper me. I am now more quiet and I don't feel the need to say much. I kinda like that...I just wish I wouldn't think so much and go with the flow. 


This song can be interpreted in many ways...how would you interpret it?

Ever wonder about what he's doing
How it all turned to lies
Sometimes I think that it's better
To never ask why

When you are in a relationship and when things have gotten too comfortable, sometimes you tend to lose that person and get into a stage where you feel like you don't belong to him anymore. And that's when you feel that person slipping away, doing his own activities, telling you things that might not be true, just so he can escape being with you. There could be a reason for this and a reason that you might or might not know. 

I've never been a relationship but I've observed the people around me and I guess that would be exactly how they feel. To pretend to not care or they try to evade the problem until the relationship ends. And then, they keep pondering on why it has to end that way, and suffering along the way until they find the confident to love again...

Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
When there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns 
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try
Gotta get up and try, try, try...

In order to maintain a dying relationship, the only thing that one can do is to 'try' to relight the passion and fire for each other.

For me, in life, to get what you want, you need to have a passion to fight on. And to fight, you will be battered. But still, you need to live and learn. This chorus reminds me to be strong and to not give up, because when things get hard, it could mean that I am nearer to what I want.

My favourite line from this song is "Just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die" for obvious reasons. It really motivates me to keep trying and not be afraid to fail or fall or to face critics.

Funny how the heart can be deceiving
More than just a couple times
Why do we fall in love so easy
Even when it's not right

Some people tend to fall in love easy and their hearts get broken over and over again.
I protect myself from that, and mainly because I haven't found that person yet. I'm quite rational when it comes to relationship, I guess that is a good thing. So I can't really relate to this verse, but I know there are people out there who just wish that they find the right one soon so that they can cure their broken heart.

Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
When there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns 
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try
Gotta get up and try, try, try...

Ever worried that it might be ruined
And does that make you wanna cry
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by,
Tell me are you just getting by, by,by...

In life or in a relationship, sometimes you are just worried that you fail so bad and you are just so worried you don't have the mental strength to go through it. When you are going through a tough patch, sometimes, it really seems like you are just doing what you are doing to get by. Well, that's how I am living now, but perhaps that's just how it is. You take it day-by-day, one step at a time and hope that the bad things will past.

Like me now, I am just hanging in there...and surprisingly, after listening to my friend yesterday, I think I am actually very lucky. I still have a lot of things in control although I might not be as chirpy as I was before. 

I love my friends! They are all my pillars of strength! :)
And perhaps there is no way to explain why I am so low lately, but, I'm slowly enjoying it and slowly thinking of working towards my path. I believe that there's a reason behind this and I am going to find out what. 

Wonderful song by Pink that is filled with emotions and if you can feel it, you'll enjoy this song.
Some say the video is disturbing - what do you think?
I think it is a very creative lyrical dance that requires so much strength! 
Enjoy


Love & Cheers,
TammyC



Comments

  1. I'm trying to comment and I saw my name as your tag! LOL!

    Whatever you wrote there, was right on the spot.

    You never been one, but you probably more understand than any one of us. People always said the party who are not involved are always wiser. You are.

    Let's get up and try. I'll try something no more, try other thing harder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yes, let's get up and try! Things will get better for all of us! New Year is coming and we only have good things ahead! For one, you are going to Japan!! :) Cheers Wei Sin! We shall see each other next next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts