MY TIME IN 2021



It’s 2021! Honestly, I'm not as thrilled about entering the New Year as before because 2020 kind of killed all the buzz for me. Don’t get me wrong, I am still happy and feeling ever grateful but the hype I felt for 2020, I don’t think I feel it going into 2021. This year, I am just super contented staying at home on January 31, wolfing down pizzas, chicken wings and red wine. 

So, to burn off the calories I put into my body on New Year's eve, I dragged myself to the park for my weekly boxing routine on the evening of January 1. As I was finishing up with wrapping my hands, Fabulous' “My Time” blasted through my coach’s Bluetooth speaker. That moment, the song established itself as the soundtrack for 2021. 

“Go hard today, can’t worry about the past ‘cause that was yesterday, 
It’s a new day bro! 
I’m gonna put it on the line, ‘cause it’s my time” 
If you're with me let me hear you say
My My My My...
It's my time"

This is Malaysian featherweight star, Keanu Subba’s walk-out track and while I have always loved the song in the past, it gave me a different boost hearing it on the first day of the year. Yes, forgive me, I am one of those people who believes in messages from the Universe. 

Mentally, I was still living in a trapped mindset, something I attributed to as the after-effects of a year such as 2020, demolished by the various challenges and changes. So perhaps, it was a reminder from the Universe that my coach’s phone decided to select this song randomly on Spotify. (His playlist is normally just filled with vulgar Eminem tracks that get your adrenaline pumping haha) 

I guess I speak for all of us mentally affected by 2020, that it is in the past. Let’s all stop worrying and continue to bust our a$$ and work hard– like the song say, it is our time! Maybe this is just another one of those "New Year, new me" kind of proclamation, but while it last, it is still a great feeling to have such motivation and drive to kickstart the year.


Go hard today, can’t worry about the past cause that was yesterday,
It’s a new day bro!
I’mma put it on the line, ‘cause it’s my time
Hey hey hey hey
Gotta stay on my grind cause it’s my time
If you’re with me, let me hear you say
My, my, my, my

Guess what time it is? My, my, my time
You can check your iPhone, better say its iTime
I don’t even need a watch, I don’t even see a clock
Soon as I walk in, it feels like me o’clock
Yeah, me o’clock, every time I check
Niggas don’t measure up and try to blame the Pyrex
I’m a do it bigger than a 5x
Can’t ride with a L, so I don’t drive Lex
Game’s so bickery, so full of trickery
Nursery-rhyming: hickory, dickory
Blowing that sour, the hood call it “pickery”
Biggie, Puffy, Busta, victory

My time's more like fly time
Don't call it "getting dressed", call it in the "sky time"
If you ain't a pilot, you probably couldn't style it
Unless you was a stewardess, you won't know what to do with this
First I took the time out, then I put the time in
Money ain't everything, it's more about the timing
So I got the Audemars, flawless diamonds
In other words that's called perfect timing
I feel like a favor, I feel like a savior
They clocking my neck: I feel like I'm Flavor
I go so hard, Loso God, damn
Street fi-di-di-di-damn

0-9, all mines
It's been a few years, now it's me, about time
You know I got committed with it since I've been up in the zone
Sign the dotted line, now it's on
So y'all better check your wrist-piece
Cause it's time to make history
Just hop in here up on this hit streak
How the, how the, how the hell you gonna evict me?
You know I'm here to stay, never clocking out
Big bottles we popping now, no telling where we stopping now
And I represent the Chic-a-g-o
On the track with F-A-B-O

Comments

Popular Posts