TRYING TO GO BEYOND BOUNDARIES

I can't remember which season of American Idol crowned Kris Allen but I remember his good looks, that I liked his singing style and the fact that he's only 23 but is not available anymore. Many may feel that Adam Lambert deserves the title more but the truth is, the title doesn't really matter. You don't need to be crowned an American Idol winner to be a successful artiste.

I am not crazy about Adam Lambert's music so naturally, I'm more a Kris fan. "No Boundaries" is not his best but I love this winning song of his.


This is a meaningful song though some may argue that the lyrics are lame. But seriously, it is kind of inspiration too.

Seconds, hours, so many days,
You know what you want but how long can you wait...
Every moment last forever
When you feel you've lost your way.

What if my chances are already gone
I started believing that I could be wrong
But you give me one good reason
To fight and never walk away....
So here I am still holding on

This verse describe my feelings now. It's like you want to achieve something and do something you love but then you keep waiting and waiting for that moment. It seems to take forever and you are not sure if you'll get there or not. And the wait makes you doubt yourself. The pressure of that wait makes you feel like your decision could be wrong.

A friend of mine shared with me some words of wisdom from a great man (whom I don't even know the name). It is not hard to make a decision - for example, the decision to follow your dreams or your passion. But the hardest part is dealing with the pressure and consequences of that decision that you've made.

So very true. I feel that fear of the consequences is the thing that barricades us from really following our dreams sometimes - self-doubt. Plus, what if it is fated that you don't have a chance to achieve your dreams? Sometimes, you don't really get to choose your fate, no matter how much you don't believe in fate.

But then someone might come by, be it your parent, your friend, or even someone who you might not know and they made you believe again. Sometimes, it could even be a simple song.

Every step you climb another mountain,
Every breath is harder to believe,
You'll make it through the pain,
Weather the hurricanes,
To get to that one thing,
And when you think the road is going no where,
Just when you almost gave up on your dreams,
They take you by the hand
And show you that you can,
There are no boundaries...

I fought to limits to stand on the edge,
What if today is as good as it gets?
Don't know where the future's heading
But nothing's gonna bring me down
I've jumped every bridge and I've run every line,
I risked being safe but I always knew why,
I always knew why...

I guess in some ways I really don't know where my future's heading and I've always tried to take a more unconventional road. I chose not to go to Form 6 like all of my best friends, I chose to stick to my decision to stay in Advanced Diploma. But of course there were times where I chose the safe road too but all because I have a goal, some sort of aim which then turn hazy as time passes. I am really struggling to hang on to it.

But here's to hanging on and staying strong.


Comments

Popular Posts