I'M A DREAMER



I bet many of you don't know Bethany Dillon. I stumble upon her while soul-searching for songs with good lyrics. Bethany Dillon is actually a Christian-country singer and some of her songs are really really good too.

The title says it all...I am a DREAMER. 

Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream

Imagine a beautiful castle
And a beautiful king
He left the comfort of his throne
To fight for victory

I'm a dreamer 
Take me higher
Open the sky up
Start a fire
I believe
Even if it's just a dream

Love woke me up this morning
And I ran to see
The king in the winners' circle
On the horse he won for me

Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom
Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom
Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom

I always dream, that's for sure. I'm an idealist, too idealistic sometimes. I derive happiness from something non-existent - dreams and fantasies that might not be true. But they always say dare to dream because sometimes, dreams are what keep you moving on. When you have faith, your dreams do come true. And that is what I keep believing.

I was really down for the past few weeks and I find that it is because I've somehow started losing faith. I was doubting life and doubting myself. Slowly, I'm learning to get back up when I am feeling down and to start believing again.

Apparently this song is off the Soundtrack of the movie with the same title "Dreamer", which is a true story about horses.

The movie stars Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. I've yet to watch it but the brilliant casts and the all thumbs and toes up movie reviews on the movie really gave a great tug. I think I'm going to try find this movie haha. I bet it is super inspiring. Not as glorious as "Seabiscuit" they say, but I always believe that movie doesn't have to be a super duper production to be good. I find some of the greatest movies to be those low-budgeted and simple films that reach out deep into your heart and soul. That's what I call a great movie. Example? "The Kite Runner."

Again, check this video out. I love the country thing going on in the video. Simple but really nice to the ears. I can't help but get so into these country things haha. Enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts