IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR HEART

Highly addicted to this beautiful love song by Mindy Gledhill. Check out the Nie version (slower one).


So if you are into Marit Larsen and Lenka, you'll get her songs. Although their voice and styles are similar, these three ladies, there is something sweet about Mindy's songs though - it is different from Lenka's playfulness and Marit's melancholic tone.

I have a friend who is a videographer for wedding, and that was how I discovered the song. I was writing the description for the video featuring a couple and my friend chose this song as background music. The first time the melody touched my eardrums, I fell in love with it. There is something about its melodic waves that captured my heart, and then the lyrics, just beautiful. It gives me a feeling of love, the one that's true and real.

I've never been so deep in love before - what I had before were mere crushes and infatuation that fades off eventually. My biggest weakness - not to be able to give and love as much as I have received and loved. I feel bad. So it is my secret wish to be able to love one day and give my all.

This song is relaxing and beautiful in a way it reminds me about how loving someone is unconditional and that the feeling is special. Because as much as I am so negative about true love, this song gave me hope when it is playing. It helps me drift from the harsh reality of disloyalty and unfaithfulness. 

I don't mind your odd behaviour
It's the very thing I savour

I always tell my friends my belief is this: If that person's weakness is the thing you love most about him/her, then you are sure that you love him/her. I mean, seriously, if you can accept the worst of that person, what else more can you dislike? The person would be like perfect.

If you were an ice-cream flavour
You'd be my favourite one
My imagination sees you 
Like a painting by Van Gogh
Starry nights and sunflowers 
Follow you where you may go

When you are in love, yes, that person would be perfect to you.

Chorus
Oh, I've loved you from the start
In every single way
And more each passing day
You are brighter than the stars
Believe me when I say
It's not about your scars
It's all about your heart

Scars as in your past, scars as in your weakness - nothing really matters when you love that person. It is about who he/she is inside that captures you and make you so in love. And I believe that if it is really love, you'll only learn to love that person more and more each day.

You are a butterfly held in captive
Small and safe in your cocoon
Go on you can take your time
Time is say to heal all wounds

Chorus

Like a lock without a key
Like a mystery without a clue
There is no me if I cannot have you

As I am writing this, I have it non-stop looping on my media player.
Yes, it shall be with me for a while.

(Nie Version)
Original version

p/s: Check out Wheresthefish if you need a videographer to capture your most romantic moments. Although personally, I am skeptical, I do still am hopeful that true love exists. And for those who have united, may you be forever blessed with true love. You'll need to capture that moment of union really.

Let me drift a bit. It was an interesting story how he got the name actually. The details are vague but I remember that we were in the car and suggesting him to name his "company" What the F, and an alternative would be...Wheresthefish (short will eventually be WTF) Yes, that's how the name came about. I guess it's because I never believed it marriage, hence on my mind that day, weddings are really what the F thing. Don't get me wrong, I guess it's not that I don't want to get married - I guess it's just that it doesn't really matter that much anymore because I realised it doesn't mean anything for most people now. Nevertheless, let's leave negativity out of this post! I shall leave that topic for another day.

With lotsa Love to give,
A Girl who Eats a lot, Pray occasionally and do not Love enough...

Comments

Popular Posts