A WALK IN THE PARK



Today as I trot on the wet streets after nature's shower, I got a bit emotional because I see the beautiful world surrounding me despite all these fear, negativity and panic. Am I wrong that I still feel so blessed? I feel sometimes we (including myself) have too many first world problems that we forget to appreciate the basic things we have in life. I'm blessed because I am healthy, with a pair of legs that allows me to run free. I am blessed because I have my family (although foreseeable tension with the lockdown wahaha), a home, food, a job and I have the means to go to the doctor if I am ever sick. I am most blessed that I feel safe. 

Yes, we all need to be vigilant, to stay healthy and to be responsible but I think more than ever now we need to start focusing on living our own lives and stop grouching about other people's faults. At the end of the day, it ain't that bad for all of us. There are people out there who has it worst with or without this pandemic. I'm sorry but I think our on-going fuss is a reflection of our lack of gratitude for everything that is fine with our lives. Things will be fine if we keep our mentality and mindset positive. 

The song "The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco" was today was on my playlist today. I love it because it reminds us that no matter how hard it is, we just need to persevere. Such a positive message. So maybe instead of shaming people, let's just inspire, spread joy and love people to stay strong. 

"Alright, already the show goes on, All night, till the morning we dream so long, 
Anybody ever wonder, When they would see the sun up, 
Just remember when you come up, The show goes on!"

Comments

Popular Posts