THIS IS FOR THOSE YOU AND ME MOMENTS



Some music are just sweet, like people. If music is the physical appeal and lyrics is the soul, this song is a a sweet mixture of both.

No doubt you will judge Dan + Shay as two pretty country boys, but then again, I always had a thing for them south country boys. The first time I heard this, I didn't felt that it was a country song but it figures, I love this song and it is not because it describes my summer romance.

I relate to it differently. I feel that it describes the memories we built with people who means something in our lives, and it doesn't really need to be a romantic partner. Listening to this song reminds me of all those times I had with various people, and the moments we shared together. Nothing lasts forever but in life, some things are best left untouched in our memory, so that only the beautiful remains.

There are a few people now that I am thinking a lot about recently. As I am here writing this in Cambodia, away from home, I am thinking of them and my family too. So this one is for all of them. 

19 You + Me.

It was our first week at Myrtle Beach
Where it all began
It was a hundred and two
Nothing to do
Man, it was hot
So we jumped in
We were summertime sippin' , sippin'
Sweet tea kissin' of your lips
T-shirt dripping, dripping wet
How could I forget?


Watching that blonde hair swing 
To every song I'd sang
You were California beautiful
I was playing everything but cool
I can still hear that sound
Of every wave crashing down
Like the tears we cried that day we had to leave
It was everything we wanted it to be
That summer of
19, you and me

We had our first dance in the sand
That was one hell of a souvenir
Tangled up so in love
So let's just stay right here
Til' the sun starts creepin', creepin' up
Right then I knew
What you were thinkin' thinkin' of
When I looked at you


Here's to all the beach moments we had together.
Here's to all those fun Liverpool times we spent together.
Here's to all the great simple moments we shared and the stupid bimbo things you said that make me laughed.
Here's to all those time I felt so safe and happy with you.
Here's to the moments I felt so loved by you, all of you.


Comments

Popular Posts