BECAUSE SHE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL IN WHITE



Over the weekend, I was very honoured to be a part of a wonderful matrimony between one of my close friends, Jessie and her man, Eric.

Love is a beautiful thing especially when you met the right person that you can give all your love to. I knew Jessie when I was working part time and it was clear the moment we met that we have great chemistry because we became close friends almost instantly. We both grown together since our graduation in different fields, and then pursued different careers. I don't know how but I guess, even though we were apart for quite a bit, we still remained close friends. That's what real friends are I guess - they say it doesn't matter where you are but when you see each other again, it'll be like you never parted. That is how me and Jessie are like. She was always there for me, when I am sad, and she always knew when I was upset, vice versa. That's how well she knew me. 

A few years back, she told me about the day she met Eric. I always confuse Eric with another guy who was courting her (because she is pretty, she naturally has a lot of fans), but I finally know which guy he is. He was her first love and she is lucky, he is also her last. When two people love each other, you can tell and I can tell that Jessie loves Eric a lot because she was different with him. You see a softer, even sweeter side of her when she talks about him, or when she is with him. These are signs of happiness - to have that expression when you talk about a person you are in love with. 

Two days ago, I saw my friend in her beautiful white gown and despite being tired, I know she is just happy with her hands wrapped around the arms of her groom. That moment I felt she must have felt like a princess despite all the stress she was going through that night. The song that was playing during during, "Beautiful In White" by Westlife is still stuck in my head and I think, whoever chose that, chose the perfect song to celebrate the union, because Jessie looked so beautiful in white.

Here's to a lovely couple I know and I'd like to wish them all the happiness on their magical journey together in the future.

Not sure if you noticed
But when we first met,
I got so nervous
I couldn't speak
In that very moment,
I found the one and 
My life has found its missing piece 

So as long as I live I'll love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now until the very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

What we have is timeless
My love is endless
And with this ring, I
Say to the world
You're my every reason
You're all that I believe in
With all my heart, I 
Mean every word

And if our daughter's what our future holds
I hope she has your eyes
Finds love like you and I did
But when she falls in love we'll let her go
I'll walk her down the aisle
She'll look so beautiful in white

I am not super romantic but no songs are too cliche for a wedding. This song I know, you really can't deny how meaningful and beautiful it is. The writer has wonderfully captured his love for the bride in a sweet melody and if you are in love with a girl, you will be able to relate to every single word. 

It reminds me of the scene in "27 Dresses" when James Marsden said, his favourite part of the wedding is when I bride walks down the aisle, he likes to see the expression of the groom. And so, I shall leave you with this beautiful song.


Comments

Popular Posts