LOVE LIKE YOU GONNA LOSE



When two of the most talented vocalists join forces, they create magic.
This song is not just amazing audio, especially when they belt out them high notes, but the lyrical expression is beyond beautiful, making this track lyrically and melodically magical.

I believe I am not the only one guilty of being one of those who never say I love you enough. I guess not everyone can express love and affection easy but this song reminds us to always remember to show that we love and care, even if it is the smallest things.

This year especially, so many reports of plane crashes and other natural disasters headlined our news and it really re-emphasizes the fact that, you really don't know what will happen. Like John Legend puts it, "in a blink of an eye, just a whisper of smoke, you could lose anything" or in fact anyone.

I am truly blessed to have my loved ones around me - friends and family and I pray everyday to keep them safe because I don't want to lose them. And now that I travel more, it makes me appreciate them all more. Everytime I go on a trip, I sometimes would think, what if this is the last time I see them and then I try to send a few more smiley faces. I guess I just want them to know that at the end of the day, I really love them all. Not to be dramatic but you really never know. 

So treasure the ones you love and tell them. I try my best to tell them although I am not the kind who can express love easy. Sometimes, simple gestures too I believe tell a lot and I hope they see it.

You know, when it comes to love, sometimes you can't always win. So give and take sometimes and lose the ego. This is a reminder to myself because my ego is too huge. 

I found myself dreaming
In silver and gold
Like a scene from a movie
That every broken heart knows
We were walking on moonlight 
And you pulled me close
Split second and you disappeared
And then I was all alone

Woke up in tears
With you by my side
Breath of relief
And I realised
No, we're not promised tomorrow

So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like I'm saying goodbye
Wherever we're standing
I won't take you for granted
'cause you'll never know when
When we'll run out of time
So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

In a blink of an eye
Just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything
The truth is you'll never know
So I'll kiss you longer babe
Any chance that I get
I'll make the most of the minutes 
And love with no regrets

Let's take our time
To say what we want
Use what we got
Before it's all gone
Because no, we're not promised tomorrow


Comments

Popular Posts