MIDWAY THROUGH JUNE

So a lot of great stuff happening recently. I am feeling blessed I get to travel and see the world and experience so many things but somehow sometimes I still feel like things are moving so fast and I ain't doing good enough. It is frustrating, the feeling that you are not doing enough. You wish you are more motivated but somehow sometimes, you feel so stuck.

Of course I know what I need to work on, but figuring out how is the hardest. But I am always grateful for my friend's support - for they are the ones who are always there to push and motivate me. Nah, I'm done with the negativity though. Let's talk happy stuff. Here's a recap of my June so far!

Jakarta
Yes, Jakarta was challenging but we got through it! ONE FC: ERA OF CHAMPIONS was great and yes, I am biased because two (Gianni Subba and Ev Ting) out of our three Malaysian fighters won! Go Team Malaysia. You know I always support fighters who are not just good, but fighters whom I feel are humble and fights because of passion. I really dislike fighters who fight for the fame and the glamour and I am proud to say that almost all our Malaysian fighters have heart. People always tease me for being pro-Malaysian - honestly, I am proud because I love how united we are when it comes to sports.

Malaysia's Top Flyweight prospect Gianni Subba defeated Filipino fighter, Ruel Catalan via TKO by raining down elbows

Ev Ting made an impressive debut by winning via KO against Indonesia's Yulio Legowo

Although Malaysia's Ella Tang lost via decision to Indonesia's Desi Rahayu, I was very happy to get to know this girl. She fought tough and will definitely improve in her next fight.

IMMAF
The winners of MIMMA Season 1, Jing Chong, Keanu Subba, Adrian Tham, Allen Solomon Chong and Prabu Somainandu will be competing in the IMMAF Tournament and I would like to take this chance to wish them all the best in the tournament. I have no doubt that they will do us proud. Just getting there and training hard make them our national heroes.


Cambodia
So tomorrow (or technically, later today) I will be flying off to Cambodia for the first time. I am so excited because I have heard so much about the country and I really just want to go there and see for myself how beautiful and awesome that place is.

I have done some reading and research about their genocide and it is really sad that the country is experiencing so many social problems such as sex trade and human trafficking at the moment. We will be participating in another great project to help a cause and I will be writing more about it real soon once we have completed it. As of now, I can't wait to go and announce ONE FC: RISE OF KINGDOMS in Cambodia! Asia's largest MMA promotion, ONE FC is really growing and honestly, I am so blessed to be able to be a part of this entire experience.

Father's Day
So we celebrated Father's Day a week late due to work schedule. I know we are not the perfect kids. I am sure dad appreciates us bringing him out to dinner and all but I do know that he wishes us to spend more time to chat with him too. I guess we haven't been doing that really well as children and yes, I shall also work on that. But everyone knows how much I respect my dad and he is the man that I admire for so many reasons. When I say he is wise, I mean it because there is no one I know who can think like him and solve issues like him. I might not agree with some of his thinking and principles, but he always get me thinking and helps me go through stuff. That's why, if there is one thing I always thank God for, it is that He gave me my dad. I am who I am today mainly because of my dad.



My upcoming trip
I am so happy that I bought a trip to Phuket! I can't wait! I really look forward to just chilling by the beach and lazing around with music and stuff. Also super glad that I have my SISTA, Ashreena to go with me. As of now, she is still my top vacation companion haha.

p/s: Seriously, I need to think about my beach bar. So random.

June is not a bad month really. This year, I am generally on the high. It's just that this morning, it started a bit rough but I am not complaining. God has been treating me well, showering me with a lot of love and great people who always manage to make me smile. They make my day. I have managed to collect some really sweet memories this month with the people I love and care about and that's great. I appreciate all those moments, even if one day, it will all be gone you know. I just wish I could be a better person each and everyday.

Comments

Popular Posts