T-REVIEWS MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (FILM)



Kenneth Branagh aka Professor Gilderoy Lockhart plays Hercule Poirot in this film Murder on the Orient Express, which by the way, he also directed. I have a new found respect for this actor and I would love to see more from him. This is definitely what I would call a modern film noir and I LOVE IT! Just saying we should make more of these and less superhero flicks.

Noir is one of my favourite genres and not many can make it so chillingly AWESOME. Because Noir is generally slow, a person with short attention span (like me) might struggle a lot when watching these movies but this reel held me pretty well. In my opinion this movie has very creative camera angles and quite witty humour. Another aspect of the movie that had a strong effect on me was the film scores. Not many movies leave me awed with the usage of their music (except musical of course), but in this one, the scenes were perfectly paired with the right tracks to create the right effect. There was once where I was moved to tears - the feeling was just different from watching sad movies; it is sadness because the scene was so revelating. If I were still a film student, this would be a film I would study because it has the depth for one to go so profound in discussing themes and messages. I would have so much fun with it. For such a star studded cast and being a masterpiece that it is, I don't understand why this film did not get the credit it deserves. And if you love the French accent, this one you'll love!

Comments

Popular Posts