NOT A FAN OF JEQ IN THE HOUSE



I never bothered when it comes to reviewing restaurants unless I feel the place really deserves a mention because it is that great. Besides, my frequent visits to the place and word of mouth recommendation should be solid proof that a particular place is awesome. And for places that I don't like, I just stop going. 

But my experience today at Jeq in The House Cafe is so disappointing that I just need to vent. I would say that my best friend and I are considered laid-back customers, and we are pretty patient when it comes to bad services. However, I think we were extremely annoyed today by the lack of  guilt shown by the staff at Jeq in the House when their service were terrible. This is actually my first ever bad review of any restaurants and they did it.

While queuing, we asked if we could order first so that we don't need to wait when we are seated and the waitress said yes. 

I wouldn't mind a no but if you said yes, it should mean that the order is already take care of. However, when we were finally seated after about 20 minutes, we had to wait for another 10 minutes. We felt that something wasn't right so we followed up, but later found out that our order weren't placed. The customers who came before us had already ordered and even almost have their food, and that was how long we waited. 

We were famished but we were OK to re-order but then, after a few minutes, we were told that they ran out of Bruschetta and a few minutes later, they told us they didn't have pasta too. So, basically everything on the menu that we wanted was out. They didn't even have eggs Benedict. I guess it was still fine because we ordered the pizza, but when she told me they don't even have Mocha, I almost flip. It is quite unacceptable for a coffee place to not have enough material stocked up for coffee but that wasn't what pissed me off. I felt like the staff had NO IDEA what they did wrong and they were not even sorry. The waitress's biggest mistake was that she forgot our orders but she did not admit that and she gave me a "sorry lor". We were not particularly excited about that treatment especially after a 40 minute wait.

The thing is, I understand that weekdays are busy days and you have a lot of customers but running a cafe means managing all these even on days when you are super busy. The least you can do is explain to us the real situation so that we can make an informed decision - to wait or to leave. If I knew that food were running out, I would have left. I remember Frisky Goat was very professional in dealing with customers as they knew exactly what to tell us, and what to expect when they were having a particularly hectic day. The waitresses at Jeq in The House should be sent for training. I am sure they are nice people when they are having a nice day but handling clients on a bad day is were the tricky part is.

I have no fancy photos of the food because we decided to leave when the pizza took forever and we were starving. It was close to 4PM when we left with our stomachs filled only with 2 cups of Latte's which cost us RM21 and a volcano of dissatisfaction. I saw on Facebook and Instagram they had cute coffee art; it is safe to say that you can't expect that on a weekend.

My advice is to perhaps go on a weekday because they probably have less people then. To be honest, I don't think I will go back just to try their food. I am sure other cafes can match them too, maybe with better service. Part of enjoying your meal is to have a great overall experience too. But if you go on a weekend, just be prepared for bad service. Perhaps the waitresses all had a rough day but I think they made our day terrible too and we had to literally pay for the experience. 

I know we are only two customers, and our existence really don't matter. But you made two girls very sad today. However, Kanna Curry House next door made our day; and also Rekindle's Tiramisu Cake!

Comments

Popular Posts