I'M A NEW SOUL

Some people come into your life miraculously to help you through a certain period in life. I am thankful to that person for giving me a new sense in life. This person is quite new in my life and I just known this friend recently but this person has helped pull me out of a hole I dug so deep for myself. Four months and I think I see this person differently now.

July 1, I think I finally woke up from a fantasy and dream. For the first time in many months, I feel that there is a possibility that I'll be free again - free from my obsessive thoughts. I found drive again to be myself.

And this song describes me and a new soul, it is like a sign to start again.


I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take
But since I came here 
Felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake
La, la, la, la...

See I'm a young soul
In this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about what is true and fake
But why all this hate?
Try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make
La, la, la, la...

This is a happy end 
'Cause you don't understand
Everything you have done 
Why is everything so wrong
This is a happy end
Come and give me your hand 
I'll take you far away

Yael Naim is a French songstress with amazing talent. So glad to come across her music on Spotify.
This song "New Soul" caught my attention when I first heard it and I can't help but share it. I love how she describe herself moving into a new place, starting a new adventure and just learning about living life. Personally, it describes me and my search for meaning in life. So many different experience but at the end of every day, the emotions I feel and the people I met, I am grateful for all. The ups and downs, tears I have shed, for joy or sorrow, I am grateful too because I learn and experience. 

The past few months, I know I was in a swirl of emotion, and I just hope that I can be a new soul and start getting in control of my own life again. I will miss being vulnerable but I think, I don't mind being the old me for a while.

p/s: The Jay Z version of the song was disappointing though.



Because he showed me that one can always take the initiative to care and it is not worth the time waiting anymore. Because I feel like I have initiated more before and if it were to happen, it would have already. Because his text showed me that he cared, unlike something that was in my delusion, waiting on something that might not even happen. Because he reminded me that I wasn't myself. Because he is so cute in his own masculine way. Because a guy like him has always been my type. Because he liked this song when I shared it and because he played it in the gym that day. Although it impossible to have anything happen between us, I am just glad he got me out of a daydream.

Comments

Popular Posts