THE PERFECT SONG TO END THE NIGHT

So I was driving home from a long day and this song was jamming on the radio. A few words caught my attention and this song is the perfect song I think, to and "The Night".


It has been a stressful few weeks, which I guess is normal closer to fight week.This round it has been particularly stressful because it was near the new year with a lot of holidays and things have been quite challenging. The beautiful thing though, is that I am still driven by the passion for something I enjoy doing and so, at the end of every day, I have no complaints because I am grateful for all the opportunities that I have and everything that I am doing now. There are days when I do flip but sometimes, I am grateful I have a real supportive director, who even though is the source of my stress, still understands what I am going through because he is hands on. This does motivates me to do better and I am doing my best now to achieve the intended goal.

I've enjoyed a few great highs in 2014 and I know that the first few months of 2015 have been a bully to many. It is interesting though, because for me, the lows I am experiencing now seem like nothing compared to those time back then when I was so down and depressed. I guess I have to thank all my friends who were there for me, people whom I know from work also - they are the best people and I say it from my heart. They all mean a lot. That said, I wish I don't get depressed again.

There are of course a few things I need to work on, and I think it is my "big mouth" (I shouldn't say so many things) and carelessness when it comes to writing materials. I shall be silent for the next few days. I think I tend to blurt more crap when I am stressed. When I am not, I can be quite cool. Or so I think.

But this Acivii song had me thinking about the life I am living now, and how I am so happy with where I am now even though at close to 30, I don't seem to have what I would call a big achievement. Then again, I feel my biggest achievement in life would be being able to feel happy every day and to laugh genuinely. Perhaps I want no more than pure joy derived by content and gratitude. Of course I am still guilty of complaining and feeling not-good-enough, but at the end of the night, I am happy to have lived my life the way it is. I love meeting people and travelling and trying out new things. It is all great for me, and looking back my 28 years so far, it is a life filled with memories I will remember. My greatest hope, is that I continue to live life the way I do and take a bit more risks.

"When I was 16, my father said you can do anything with your life. You just have to be willing to work hard to get it. That's when I decided that when I die, I want to be remembered for the life I lived, not the money I make."

Hey once upon a younger year
When all our shadows disappeared
The animals inside came out to play
Hey went face to face with all our fears
Learned our lessons through the tears
Made memories we knew would never fade

One day my father - he told me
"Son don't let it slip away"
He took me in his arms
I heard him say

"When you get older, your wild heart will live for younger days
Think of me if ever you're afraid"

He said, "One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember"
My father told me when I was just a child
These are the nights that never die
My father told me

When thunder clouds start pouring down
Light a fire they can't put out
Carve your name into those shining stars
He said, "Go venture far beyond these shores,
Don't forsake these life of yours,
I'll guide you home no matter where you are."

One day - my father he told me
"Son don't let it slip away"
When I was just a kid I hear him say



Comments

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Travel stories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts