DEVELOP THE RIGHT HABITS

Perhaps not the right song choice for Chinese New Year but since when was I conventional. Sharing this hell of a song by Tove Lo just because it is cool.


It is such a dark and emo song, something unlike the way I live life but I just love to sing it and try to feel the pain of a girl who is dealing with sadness in the most unhealthy way. I hope that all of you don't overcome sadness the way this lady does but for entertainment, this is a really good song. You can feel so much emotions from the way Tove Lo sings it. Perhaps it is true that when you feel a song and if you have gone through certain ordeals in life, your emotion flows through. I was curious if this song is based on real life experience and found out later that Tove Lo did had a dark past with drugs and alcohol abuse. Just glad that she is alright now and penning awesome hit songs. 

The music video too is amazing. I love how she films it using fish-eye lenses and how the background transitions into telling her story. Definitely something different - simplicity is creativity. Her acting skills in the movie is also very commendable. Her crying scene in the toilet is a heartbreaking one because you feel how sad she is because of the person she lost. I am just really lucky that I have yet gone through such pain and my family thought me to deal with these sorrows in a different way.

I eat my dinner in the bathtub
Then I go sex clubs
Watching freaky people getting it on
It doesn't make me nervous
If anything I'm restless
Yeah I've been around and I've seen it all

I get home, I got the munchies 
Binge on all my Twinkies
Throw up in the tub
Then I go to sleep
And I drank up all my monies
Dazed and kinda lonely

You're gone and I gotta stay
High all the time
To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh
High all the time
To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ohh
Spend my days locked in a haze
Trying to forget you babe
I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life
To forget I'm missing you
Ooh-ooh

Pick up daddies at the playground
How I spend my daytime
Loosen up the frown
Make them feel alive
Oh make it fast and greasy
I'm numb and easy 

Staying in my play pretend
Where the fun it got no end
Can't go home alone again
Need someone to numb the pain


p/s: I wish she left those fries for me though

Comments

Popular Posts