SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO LET IT GO




So I finally watched "Frozen" last weekend. To be honest, it was a tad disappointing because I expected a bit too much, since there is this crazy hype about the movie. The main lesson from the movie, besides being yourself, is to NOT MARRY THE PERSON YOU JUST MET.


My brother also did an amazing job promoting it, saying that I should watch it because he thinks I will like it. I think I understand why he said that. In a way, I should be able to relate to Elsa.

I am always the black sheep of my family because, although I am not a bad girl, I appear to be the 'naughtiest' and the different one. And I would say, I am the odd one in the family. See, my bro has my sister and both of them likes football and stuff, so they naturally click. My dad has my mum, and both of them have adult stuff, and they are married, naturally they have each other.

Me, on the other hand, likes things that no one in the family gets, for example lame jokes, and I have this free-spirited thinking which my family members think is immature. People do not get why I am shy, insecure and lack confidence, but I think it is because my family members are too awesome, which makes me look like the weakest link and most of the time, the one that contributes the least. Well, I have accepted the fact that I will never as good, and I am never the one 'required', and I am cool with that. I know that I will never be the perfect person that is expected of me in the family.

For example, when we moved into our new place, I tried to help out with fixing the shelves and wood works as I don't want to be idle. Naturally, I made some boo-boo and on the same day, made my sister cry as I practised my (gentle) Muaythai kicks on her butt. In the end, I just got so fed-up of trying to be helpful or useful in the family. I guess I am always better in my room, listening to music, checking emails or watching dramas.

But I guess I have learned to not see it as a negative thing, I'll learn to shine somewhere else I guess. Therefore, I love the song "Let It Go" because I know how Elsa is feeling. The fact that you tried so hard to play a role that you were not meant to play is really hard. So I am dedicating this song to all who feels the way Elsa do.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen
The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel
Don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door 
I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway
It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seems small
And the fears that once control me 
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and breakthrough
No right, no wrong
No rules for me
I'm free!!!

Let it go, let it go
I'm one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand, and here I stay
Let the storm rage on 

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiralling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystalises like an icy blast
I'm never going back
The past is in the past

Let it go, let it go 
And I'll raise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Basically the lyrics says it all. But for me, instead of ICE, I am more of a FIRE kinda person. Of course, I'm not completely out of control and wild. Haha, I am generally 'good'.. ahem. And I still love my family for who they are, although we are different.

Although the movie was so-so, this song deserves all the credit and hype because it is really good. My bro had it on replay once, and now I finally understand why. Try singing it in the balcony and shouting out the lyrics - I think it will clear all sorrows!

Speaking about letting something go, I've finally served my final day at my previous agency. It was the best four years of my life. I have learned a lot but as I got to comfortable, I had to let go of the emotions that was holding me back. I am glad that I have finally let go of it. There are a lot more things that I have to learn to let go and one day, I will learn to not have any attachments.

Till the next time.


Comments

Popular Posts