BECAUSE WE COULDN'T SAY ANYTHING

Although too mainstream, one cannot deny how good this song is. I couldn't help but falling in love with the original sounds of A Great Big World's "Say Something".

A lot of things happened lately and I haven't had time to really fall in love with songs and I am finally catching up with music.



While travelling back to my hometown, I discovered how beautiful this track is because the lyrics reminds me of someone. The lyrics perfectly sum up a lot of things I wish I could say to that someone, but couldn't. Although the song sound so sad, I feel happy listening and relating to it. For me, it isn't really giving up because I didn't even try to hard - because I am not the kind of person who would. I think the song is mostly about letting go of something I have wanted to let go all along and I am just very glad I am able to do it.


The song reminds me of how I wished something magical would happen months ago but I guess now, I am just happy that I have a different perspective about this. Still, the person will forever hold a special place in my memory and in my heart. But if one day I was asked the question, why didn't it happen - I'd sing this song. Because we never said anything to one another. I was shy and you could be cool, and I could have meant nothing to you - I might never know, but it was because we never said anything - even I, did not. 

Say something I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love 
Just starting to crawl

My favourite verse because it describes how I feel about life and love. I am at the beginning, and learning to get a grip of how to live and love. And I ask for forgiveness if I did it wrong or if I am to stubborn to do it the way I was told.

Say something I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye


No, it is not the Christina Aguilera's version that I digg, and so I am posting the original on my blog.

Comments

Popular Posts