REFLECTIONS 2020

While I always reflect when I am walking in the park, writing this year's reflection post is ironically not a walk in the park. (forced pun intended). I truly struggled to put my thoughts into words this year maybe because there was so much time in 2020 to think. The more material you have, the harder it is to organize. Ha ha! Which then leads me to the fact that in 2020, we realized how insignificant material things are. Many times this year, as I look around me, there is a recognition of the amount of items I have that I really don’t need. One does not really need 5 different types of facial cream, lotions, and hair products, but I guess I do have all of those piling up in my room (I blame Korea’s promotional bundles). I am not completely healed from my urge to spend on unnecessary stuff, but I can confidently say that there have been a slight improvement in 2020. This is mainly because I do see that essentially, when it comes down to the basics in life, those things are truly unnecessary. Before my line of thoughts deviate me further, let us get back to the main point as we celebrate the end of the year.

In God's infinite wisdom, He made 2020 meaningful to us in our own ways but if I were to summarize the year in ONE word, (after much contemplation) I've decided to go with SPIRITUAL. 

By being spiritual, I feel an immense gratitude for everything I have. Despite everything I think I've lost, I’m reminded that I still have so much. 2020 makes me see how much I have in life - family, friends, food, a job, and a home (and the aforementioned beauty products). I want to take this chance to thank everyone profusely for every mark they make in my life. I love you all from the bottom of my heart even if I don’t say it enough.

Perhaps it is a privilege to say this. 2020 is not a bad year at all. We all have more time for ourselves, to learn to take time to appreciate all everything we have. Yes, for sure we all struggled in some ways; I had my own tears, worries, complaints, and depressing thoughts but all in all, I came out feeling so blessed and contented. 2020 built my character through its tests. It taught me to persevere. Being vulnerable makes me feel stronger. By being spiritual, I know deep down, that all these challenges is part of my growth. As the year draws to an end, I saw myself running under the heavy rain today, drenched in nature’s tears, feeling emotional as I look back on everything that has happened in 2020. So as I continue to find my way, I don't think that I have any specific resolutions in 2021 except to continue to grow and be a better person and live life to the fullest. Because if there is one thing 2020 taught us, it is that sometimes, one tiny thing (like a virus) can change the entire course of your life. All we can do is take it one step at a time and have faith.



Comments

Popular Posts