WEAKNESSES

I'm sorry for my weakness
For when everyone was down
I was buried in my own mess
I'm sorry I wasn't able to lift during these times
I barely have the strength to live 
I'm sorry I lost sight of the way
When I was supposed to be holding the light
I lost sight
I dropped the torch 
Under my watch 
And now
We lost our shine 
I'm sorry I am exhausted 
Burnt out almost 
Contorted feelings 
My mind haywire
At one point, it was dire
I am trapped, feeling useless
Prep talks are fruitless
Overshadowed by abusive words that echoed in my empty, silent head
Every night, reminding me what I could have been
Should have said or done instead 
Mentally bounded by insecurities 
Not an ounce of confidence left within me
What else can I do to be set free

Every night I pray
For the breath of God 
A light of hope

In the meantime,
I'll try to smile the pain away
I'm going through this for one more day
But my eyes will say
Please lead me to a better day 

Comments

Popular Posts