INSPIRED BY RAIN

Walking under the rain
Helps heal the emotional pain
Within me

I love the wind
the breeze on my skin
Awakens me

It got me thinking
About this whole thing
Baffling me

Where did I find the courage
To take this chance
To let you in

Why did it all begin
That one swipe of fate
On that particular date

I don't even remember
What I feel
Not sure what this is
If it's even real

For you to mock my Taylor Swift
For you to not understand that lyrics are a gift
For you to not believe in God
And for me faith and prayers, are all I've got
I'm sorry I held all these to heart
So now how do we even start

What are you expecting from me with your questions?
Sometimes you put me in tricky situations
If you have high expectations of me
You'll regret it, just you see

That Valentines cake that you didn't bake
Green with love, bought for my sake
Trust me, it was really sweet and nice
But how come I wonder if it came with a price

It's so hard for me to trust
I don't know if there's even an "us"
It's so hard for me to fall
Let alone to give it all
Perhaps I think to highly of myself
To think I deserve someone else

On my clouded list of pros and cons
I wonder which side would you be on
Can I check off the signs that say
It's better that we go our own way

Maybe I need to take a leap of faith
And try something that I never did
Would you be able to prove me wrong
That we could actually go on strong
Time will tell and come April
We shall see and be done, God's will.

Comments

Popular Posts