GRATEFUL TO HAVE A HOME



I think I was 20. This is where this song brings me. 
College student, the Petronas Twin Towers and my back pack. I go there every Friday on the LRT to meet my dad after a week of lectures and classes. 

Life was good back then. No work and I was a happy child filled with ambition and passion for life. I guess it is not that bad now, but college days were still one of the best moments of my life that I wish I could relive. I think it is just great to feel young and have less responsibilities.

With the headphones on my ears, I walked through KL City Centre with this song as background sometimes. So many memories. Listening to this song right now, I am feeling the lyrics differently because I sort of know where the words come from now. Maybe that's what happens when one grows up, they want to find a place of comfort where they used to feel. A place where all love is the core. Life - sometimes it gets overwhelming, with work and the bustling of people who you have to please. It is not too bad for me, I stay with my family but I guess for those who doesn't get to see their family often, when they are sad, they have to deal with everything on their own. And that's where this song comes in for them; when all they want is to go home.

I'm staring out into the night
Trying to hide the pain
I'm going the place where love
And feeling good don't ever cost a thing
And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain

I'm going home
Back to the place where I belong
Where your love has always been enough for me
I'm not running from
No I think you got me all wrong
I don't regret this life I chose for me
But these places and these faces are getting old
So I'm going home

The miles are getting longer it seems
The closer I get to you
I've not always been the best man or friend for you
But your love remains true
And I don't know why
You always seem to give me another try

Be careful what you wish for
Because you just might get it all
You just might get it all
And then some you don't want
Be careful what you wish for
'Cause you just might get it all
You just might get it all yeah...

I remember this verse the most - the one about be careful of what you wish for because mine sort of came through, along with some other things that I don't want. And so, I know what he means. I am not complaining though, I am grateful for everything, and all the experiences and I thank God for it everyday. 

Personally, I love how the song describes the feeling of being able to go back to a place where one belongs. That each and everyone of us, no matter how sad we are, have a place or someone who we can go back to. I am grateful that I will always have that place, although it may be a different destination every time.


Comments

Popular Posts