A FURIOUS TRIBUTE



This is currently the most popular song on my Facebook newsfeed. So I had to check it out. When a song is so specifically written for someone, it usually turns out magical. For example, "Candle In the Wind" for Princess Diana.

No one can deny the hype of Furious 7, not only because it is a mega-franchise, but also because this is the last one that Paul Walker worked on before he died in a car crash. So I guess it is apt to share this beautiful track which selected as a soundtrack as tribute to Paul Walker in Furious 7. I don't think this song is specifically written for him, but still, there couldn't be a better song for him.

I love how this song is about friendship and it aptly describes the bond shared by the cast and characters in the movie. What touched me the most is the sentence: "I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." Always, the idea that we will see our loved ones again when in heaven really makes me touched and weepy. Maybe it is because you know it is a beautiful hope that one wishes will come true. Maybe it is a way to console oneself that it is not goodbye.

I am going to watch Furious 7 later tonight and I hope I won't get all emotional.

It's been a long day since I see you my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Damn who knew all the planes we flew
Good things we've been through
That I'll be standing right here
Talking to you about another path I
Know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up look at things different see the bigger picture
Those were the days hard work forever pays
Now I see you in a better place

How could we not talk about family when family is all that we've got
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gotta be with me for the last ride

First you both go out of your way
And the vibe is feeling strong and what's
Small turn to a friendship, a friendship turn into a bond
And that bond will never be broken
And the love will never get lost
And when brotherhood comes first then the line
Will never be crossed established on our own
When that line had to be drawn and that line is what
We reach so remember me when I am gone

So let the light guide your way
Hold every memory
As you go and every road that you take will always lead you home

Personally, this song I'd like to dedicate to all my closest friends who have always been there for me. They are special people whom I treat as family. I know that I can always count on them. I'm so blessed to have met all of them, because without them, I wouldn't be able to feel that I belong to something. Most of the times, I am not too alone because of them.


Comments

Popular Posts