THE LITTLE THINGS IN 2015



The little things you do to me
Are taking me over
I wanna show ya
Everything inside of me
Like a nervous heart that's crazy beating
My feet are stuck here
Against the pavement
I wanna break free
I wanna make it
Closer to your eyes
Get your attention before you pass me by

Back up, back up
Take another chance don't you
Mess up, mess up 
I don't wanna lose you
Wake up, wake up
This is ain't just a thing that you 
Give up, give up
Don't you say that I'd be better off better off 
Sitting by myself and wondering 
If I'm better off better off without you boy

And every time you notice me
By holding me closely 
And saying sweet things
I don't believe that it could be
You speaking your mind
And saying the real thing
My feet have broke free
And I am leaving
I'm not gonna stand here feeling lonely but 
I don't regret it and I don't it was just a waste of time

Don't just leave me hanging on 

Laundry, The Curve, 19 years old. It was drizzling and the dim golden lights around the stage on which Colbie Caillat sat strumming her was the perfect romantic setting. This is where this song brings me.

Almost 10 years later, this song is still one of my favourite Colbie Caillat soundtracks. The first time I heard this song, I fell in love. And now, it reminds me most of someone. Lyrically I have grown so much with it. Perhaps I relate to the second verse the most because, with him, I feel like that.

I love the little things he does but I also know that a lot of things are temporary. 2016 is the year I continue to live the moment with no expectations.




Comments

Popular Posts