APPRECIATING CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas! Can't believe that it is almost the end of 2014. I am starting this tradition of writing something on Christmas Day because Christmas to me is about appreciating love, the gifts in life and also the sacrifice made by others to make the year special, so I'd like to mention how much they all mean to me. 2014 has been amazing thanks to so many great people who had made the year for me.

This year's Christmas, I celebrated in a church with the Watoto children from Africa. I had a great time watching the kids dance and the candle ceremony at the end was a memorable one. I am not a Christian but I appreciate all religions and spending Christmas in church gives Christmas a different meaning. I am glad I went because I am once again reminded of how blessed I am. Check out Watoto's Facebook page or www.watoto.asia for more information on how you can be a part of building future African leaders.


I would like to pray for all the children I met in Cambodia and in Manila, for seeing them in their difficult lives during my visit to their countries is a reminder of all the blessings I have in life. I promise to not feel bad for myself anymore because no matter what I'm going through, I still have it better than a lot of people.

I also took some time these few days to clean up my blog and rereading some of my old entries. Looking back at my old posts, I am surprised at how much I have changed over the years, since 2009. I realised how much I've grown over the years and how I've changed my perspectives about so many things. I used to be so petty about things but now I have learned to not take things and life too seriously. It is amazing how much of a emotional roller coaster ride I've been through for the past few years and I admit that it was a struggle. But I am really glad I went through all of those experiences too as I've learned so much and matured from it. 2014 for me is one of the best years I had and the low moments do not matter so much anymore. So many memories were made and I have all the great people I meet this year to thank. They have all changed my life and I thank God for that.

I'll keep this post short and sweet because this year had been that way. Here's to more happy moments and memories in 2015.


Thanks for inviting me Silvie



Comments

Popular Posts