SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER FOR HALLOWEEN

This is probably one of the most popular songs in the past few months but I wasn't listening much to radio so only recently did I find out about how awesome this track is. It is not just the rhythm and the music, although that was what caught my attention. But it is the profound meaning of this song and the artistic music video that made me really love this song by Sia.

Sia is such a talented person. Her vocals are amazing and her songs are so hard to sing! It is fun to try.


My interpretation of the song is a girl who doesn't really have a direction in life, and she is sad and lonely most of the time and she hides her loneliness and sorrows by drinking and partying. She is not worried about dying because she has nothing to live for.

Although I am not like that because I am blessed with a lot of love and kind people around me, but it always saddens me to know there are girls out there suffering in pain because they feel lonely - that they have no one there for them. And that led them to terrible decisions and then a sadder life.

Sia initially wrote this song for Rihanna but I am so glad that Sia sang it in the end because I think no one can this song better than her.

Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything
When will I learn
I push it down, push it down

I'm the one for a 'good time call'
Phone's blowing up, ringing my doorbell
I feel the love, I feel the love
1,2,3, 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3, 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3, 1,2,3 drink
Throw them back until I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night
Feel my tears as they dry
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier

But I'm just holding on for dear life, 
Won't look down, won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light
'Cause I'm just holding on for tonight
On for tonight

Sun is up, I'm a mess
Gotta get out now
Gotta run from this
Here comes the shame, here comes the shame

I am also really impressed with the video co-directed by Sia. It is a very simple, slightly horrifying one but the freaky little girl in the video, in my opinion, successfully conveyed the emotions of the song through her dance. It was so artistically good, I felt so touched by her movement. Some may argue that it is just not a good video but personally I am awed and freaked out at the same time. Nevertheless, I still rate it as a magical video because it contains such strong emotions. If a dance can do that, I think it is brilliant work. 

Check out this video.



And then, I stumbled across this also...


Thumbs up for the little girl dancer, Maddie who performed such an amazing dance.


p/s: Perfect song for Halloween?

Comments

Popular Posts