KNEE

Can't believe it is October already! 
Yes and I know I have been experience a tough quarter so far. Well, there were a lot of rough moments honestly, mostly in terms of bad luck - a lot has been happening and so I have been attracting a lot of negativity too I guess. 

I still am so happy that I had a great 3 quarters in 2014. Moving into the 4th is the beginning of something new. It is not all bad. I am excited and I am hopeful for better things to happen again soon. Every experience I am facing now, I am learning from. I guess going through this down period will help me understand the down period other people might be feeling and help me relate better in future.

I am sorry to write the first October post with such a mellow tone. 
Well, I injured my knee recently and what I thought was a minor injury turned out to be one not to be taken lightly. Honestly, I never thought that the day would come where I would have to use crutches and sit on a wheelchair... oh well maybe I never thought the day would come so soon at the age of 27. 

It is a humbling experience as I learn to fully depend on others. I had depending on others and I prefer taking control on certain things and being hands on. So now, having to ask others to do certain things for me teaches me how to let go. And it ain't easy but I am working on it.

With all the ONE FC events happening in KL this month, this is really a bad time to get injuries that affects mobility. I only have myself to blame for fooling around in the gym and not being serious enough. I guess the next time I am back in the facilities, I will approach this differently and not push too hard. I guess all I want to do is exercise and get a bit fit, not to injure myself in the process. 

Oh well, it's going to be another 6 months before I need to worry about that anyway.

Most people doesn't get the reason why I want to go to gym. Maybe some people feel that I am trying to be cool when I join classes but the truth is, the sport changed my life. I remember how depressed I was before I got into these activities, and I didn't want to go back to those times when I only focus on work with no life balancce. And right now, I hang on to the fact that being active in sports like muaythai and MMA will keep me alive and happy - which is true. So there is no way I would give up on it. People won't understand I guess. I don't want to fight or be a fighter in the ring or cage - I just want to live through the sport and be happy because I am part of something that keeps me alive. 

Right now, as I am typing this, I am also doing my compulsory 500 leg raises (I think I am only up to 200+). I just hop I get through this 6 months fine. I can't believe it's going to be half a year before I can fully be back in the gym for some action. I am very thankful though for I found such a great Doctor, Dr. Gan from KPJ Damansara. He is awesome. He scolded me it is hard to find a doctor who would so genuinely care for you like that. I am very blessed, lucky and grateful.

I did not tell a lot of people about what happened, unless asked. Just didn't want to make a huge deal out of it anyway. I have been into so many clumsy injuries, I almost lost count. I've survived almost all... so, I hope to get through this too. But my mind is somewhere now, and I wish I could focus! 



Comments

Popular Posts