RANDOMNESS IN MARCH

It has been a fast paced and busy week. Can't believe it is already March! That's like a quarter of the year gone! Just felt like writing something and so I try to string some random thoughts in my mind together; hopefully I will be able to get some trouble off my tangled brain. Hence, the birth of my first post in March 2014.

I am glad to be able to feel some fire again. Work has been challenging but I am seeing so many possibilities and trying to forget my own weaknesses. Insecurity and lack of confidence are also some of the things I need to get past. I am still worried that I can't handle too much on my plate and I am very forgetful still. I have screwed up a bit but learning to get over it is the toughest.
Guilt

So many things going on lately, and sometimes it is just really hard to focus. I am in a transition period and boy, trust me, I am feeling very guilty about a lot of things. I don't even know why. But I feel responsible for some people's pain and hardship, then again, one may argue that I am so full of myself really, for why do I think or feel that I have such power / influence over others lives. Perhaps I should stop thinking about it and focus on doing my job.

Good Stress?
There have been a lot of stress lately. I feel like I am learning to deal with new working style, new people and new cultures. It is somewhat difficult to fit in. The people around me are nice but there are so many things I find alien and I have to admit, I feel intimidated and inadequate. Well, I know it is normal so I am just trying to go through it with as many smiles as I can. Wish me luck. Still, I am not complaining - I think these are good stress that will help me grow and be a better person.


Watching Ann and Sherilyn's first fight
In conjunction with the rematch on March 14 at ONE FC: War of Nations, I youtubed the girls' first match and I remembered how sad I was when Ann lost. Urgh, yes I guess it was a close one but I still can't get over it. I think Ann did awesome 80% of the time although yes, rewatching it, I know why people say Sherilyn threw better knees.


Ann touched me because her dedication and her performance in the cage ignites a proud Malaysian's fire inside me (and I believe all of us!). I can't wait for her to kick some a** on March 14.


p/s: I am so touched when NST Malaysia gave Ann the cover for its Life and Times Section last Saturday. I want to thank the Editor for considering our request. It meant a lot to me and I don't even know how to express my gratitude. But of course, Ann's story is super inspiring and really, she makes us all damn proud as women and a Malaysian.

Ann's story in New Straits TImes, dated 1 March 2014

Divergent

So I am reading this book Divergent right and the thing is, I think the story is okay but I don't know why the heroine in the book annoys me. Somehow, we share some similarities - especially our ego - I guess I annoy myself. They say it is the next "Hunger Games" but I guess it is still no where compared to Katniss and Peeta's story. I've been wanting to write about Hunger Games, and why I love Peeta but I never seem to get my post complete. Oh well, maybe next year... 


Oscars
Well I am sure all of you know about Ellen's 2 million retweets #selfie on Twitter. OMG! But I got to admit - it was pretty cool, especially with the hot Bradley Cooper holding it. And I bet Ellen did a great job. She is always hilarious and makes people's day. I don't know why, but she just has that wit. 


Still damn frustrated that Leo DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar but the fact that so many people on the Internet rooted for him and designed memes for him speaks volume about his talents and how we, as viewers see quality in his performance.


I saw somewhere that he said he doesn't act for winning Oscar but he is very thankful for all his fans' support. That made him a bigger man and I admire him even more.



Seriously, with Leo's talent, it is only a matter of time and I am seriously questioning the Academy Awards decisions. I would have given Leo an Oscar for Blood Diamond, and not to mention his other acting masterpieces like Shutter Island and Inception. And please, I am not biased if the entire Internet population agrees.

And with that, shall we retire from a tiring Monday?
Yes!


Good night and to a better week ahead and more inspiration to write something more than crap. The latest DiCaprio Meme that I like hahaha


Comments

Popular Posts