LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST IN 2015!




Can't believe that it is already 2015!

I might be late with this New Year post but it took some time to find inspiration to reflect on 2014. There is no doubt that in general 2014 was an amazing year for me, so much so that I am so sad to bid farewell to it. They say that with a new year, comes a new start but I think for 2015, I don't really need a new year. 2015 will be the year I continue to ride on the personal change I made for myself in 2014. For 2014, I did myself a huge favour by really focusing on balancing my life and so for 2014 my goal was to do just the same - have a well-balanced life.

There were a lot of firsts for me in 2014 and I am so happy about that. It meant that I have challenged myself in some different ways and I would want to continue that spirit in living life.

Here is a recap of my year:

#Manila for the first time
I went to Manila for my first time ever and although it was work, it was still a fantastic experience. On my second trip, managed to stayed back with a friend and visit the various tourist spots. It was one of the best trips ever in 2014 and Manila will forever remain a special place for me because of the fair share of good and bad memories there. Manila was the place I received one of the most sad but meaningful hugs in many years and I will forever remember that. And the Filipinos are the best people in the world. Their heartfelt love and care and support will never be forgotten.





#Taiwan for the first time
I have never really thought of travelling to Taiwan but it is a great country. It is so organised and I love the jelly I bought from there haha. My most memorable time in Taiwan was being able to walk down the streets and really seeing how the Taiwanese go about their daily lives.

#Jakarta for the first time
Jakarta brings back a beautiful memory despite the fear of the jam. My favourite thing about Jakarta is the gym actually; I really enjoy my sessions at Jakarta Muaythai Gym because their coach is one of the best pad holders I've worked with. 

#Cambodia for the first time
This is definitely the favourite country I have visited this year. So many great events happened in Cambodia which included a very meaningful charity event we did with the AIM girls, in which Ann Osman, our female fighter conducted a self-defence seminar for them. Cambodia is an undiscovered gem, with a lot of beautiful places, good food and great people.



#Caving for the first time

This is definitely one of the best adventures I had for year 2014. Unfortunately we were not allowed to bring along cameras or phones (for obvious reasons) but I thoroughly enjoyed navigating the caves and hiking up the hills. It is not really difficult but my height is really a disadvantage. I will definitely need help going down a few of the higher corners of the cave but going through the small holes and openings was a breeze. It was so fun, it is definitely something I would do again, no doubt!


#Took photo with a tiger for the first time
Tigers are magnificent creatures and although I am more of a lion fan, being able to be up close and personal with a beautiful mighty creature such as tigers is an awesome experience. They are really beautiful.



#On crutches for the first time
So I injured my knee during strength and conditioning. Although frustrating, it was a very educational experience because I learned so much about my body and how to take care of injuries. I also become more compassionate about fighters who are suffering from injuries. Knowing how they feel during the down times does help me do my job better as well.

#New set of pearly whites
Yep, after 12 years of damaged front teeth since my fall when I was 15, I finally had it fixed! Now I have nicer front teeth and I can smile!!! 

Other memories
I think more than anything, 2014 is a year of travelling and love. I feel that I've opened myself to understand more about feelings and to feel love. I think in 2014, I learned a lot more about loving people - family, friends or even that special someone. I finally understood why this is an emotion that cannot be controlled and why it should just be accepted as it is. I felt great in 2014 because I felt loved and I have learned to love more. I want to continue doing that for 2015 - to love and give.

If there is a song that I chose to wrap up 2014 and to kick start 2015, it would be One Republic's "I Lived". This is because I want to be able to say that I have lived my fullest and in 2014, I have learned that I can.


So here's to a better year ahead!


Hope when you take that jump

You don't fear the fall
Hope when the water rises
You build a wall

Hope when the crowd screams out

They're screaming your name
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay

Hope that you fall in love

And it hurts so bad
The only way you can know
Is give it all you have

And I hope that you don't suffer

But take the pain
Hope when the moment comes
You'll say...

I, I did it all

I, I did it all
I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah with every broken bone
I swear I lived

Hope that you spend your days

But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise you cup

I wish that I could witness

All your joy and all your pain
But until my moment comes
I'll say

Comments

Popular Posts