WHY WALK AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL SONG



Rascal Flatts, they never let me down with their lyrics. They always write great lyrics about life. For example Movin' On, about accepting one for his/her past mistakes; Skin, which is about a girl with cancer; Mayberry, about how we're now living in a fast pace, city life...etc.
That's what I love about them.

While searching for the top most meaningful songs last month, I came across this one by Rascal Flatts and I've been listening to it since then. It will make you cry if you really concentrate on its lyrics, especially when you feel like giving up in life.

I think everyone will go through a phase in life, when they feel like it is enough. There are various reasons that might lead to that. For me, sometimes it all gets a bit too tiring and overwhelming and I rather be alone, only with a few people I love and trust.

At times, I couldn't get a grip of my bearings - I just don't know where my ship is heading to, because I do not have a direction. So instead of hoping to land on an island that I can call home, I'd think if it is better to just jump of the ship and die in the sea. That said, I am learning to be positive again, to embrace the challenges of life by taking it easy and not feel the need to excel in everything. Takes the pressure of myself and I have learned to be "lazier" in certain aspects of life.

Last two years was super tough on me - it was really a quarter life crisis period. But I am glad that I still have many confidantes that I can go to, and these people has helped me through the toughest moments of my life. I am lucky that I wasn't under severe depression, that I still managed to crawl out of the black hole. For some people, they weren't that lucky and they gave in to the evil lure of depression.

Rascal Flatts sings about their memory of a friend whom I believe committed suicide due to depression. It is a beautiful song that reminds us to appreciate life and love the ones around you. Sometimes, we need to really take care of the people around us, so that we don't lose them to depression.

Remember, people with smiles on their faces all the time could be the saddest people on Earth. I know how that feels like...

It must've been a place so dark
You couldn't feel the light
Reaching for you through that stormy cloud
Now here we are gathered in our little hometown
This can't be the way you meant to draw the crowd

I love how he personified a song with life. This can't be the way you meant to draw the crowd - he felt his friend should be drawing the crowd with his song (amazing achievements in life) and not death. Brilliant!

Chorus
Oh why?
That's what I keep asking
Was there anything, I could've said or done
Oh I
Had no clue you were masking
A troubled soul
God only knows what went wrong
And why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song

Now in my mind

I keep you frozen as a seventeen year-old
Roundin' third to score the winning run
You always played with passion
No matter what the game
When you took the stage
You shined just like the sun

Repeat Chorus

Now the oak trees are swaying in the early autumn breeze
The golden sun is shining on my face
The tangled thoughts I hear a mocking bird sing
This old world really ain't that bad a place

Sometimes, if we sit back to really see and appreciate the world, we will realise that the world is really beautiful if we do not get stuck in chasing money, career and fame. Really, that's why I just like to keep life simple - most of the time, we are happier that way.

Oh why?
There's no comprehending
And who am I to try to judge or explain?
Oh but I do have one burning question
Who told you life wasn't worth the fight
They were wrong!
They lied!
Now you're gone
And we cried
Cause it's not like you to walk away in the middle of a song
Your beautiful song...
Your absolutely beautiful song...

Some people do not know their worth. As their loved ones, we have to remember to remind the people around us, how much they mean to us, how beautiful they are and love them everyday. Else we will regret it when we lose them.



Comments

Popular Posts